Whether you’re planning a big white wedding with all the traditional details, or just a small and intimate celebration for a select few of your nearest and dearest, organising your nuptials can be a massive and often overwhelming task. Even the coolest, most collected brides aren’t immune to the ups and downs of the process, and you’re likely to quickly find that planning your wedding can almost take over your life.
The good news though? You’re not alone. Thousands of brides have been there before, and have experienced exactly what you’re feeling. Here are eight gifs that perfectly describe planning your wedding – from the best bits, to the slightly more scary moments!
1. When you sit down to write your very first wedding ‘to do’ list, and you feel calm, collected, and in control
2. Then you rock up to your very first wedding fair, and you meet your fellow brides-to-be who instantly just know exactly what you’re going through, and how stressed out but excited you really are
3. And you develop a new-found love for all things crafty, and convince yourself that you’re going to have the DIY wedding that Pinterest dreams are made of
4. Then the stars align, and it turns out that your dream venue is available on the right date, and they’re even offering you a special deal that’ll save you a chunk of cash
5. But then you discover that another bride has booked YOUR photographer on the exact same day
6. You check your budget and realise that you’ve gone wildly overboard
7. Suddenly, the big day is only a few weeks away, and the real nerves start to settle in
8. But then the morning of your big day finally arrives. All the hard work involved with planning your wedding was worth it, and you can’t wait to get down that aisle
There are ups and down when it comes to planning your wedding, and they’re often unavoidable. There’ll be days when you feel like you have everything under control, and then there’ll be days where it feels like you have a million and one things to take care of, and just not enough hours in your day.
A little stress is normal, but don’t let it take over your life. Remember that ultimately, this is about you committing to spend the rest of your life with the person you love.